NCCP Teaching and Learning (Part B)
Date(s) - 2 Aug 2017
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
In partnership with CSI Calgary, this course is available for online delivery.
Please contact Wendy at 780-539-2072 or email@example.com to inquire.
Teaching and Learning
Date & Time: Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017 (09:00 – 16:00)
Cost = $60.00
Upon completing the Teaching and Learning module you will be able to:
- assess your own beliefs regarding effective teaching;
- analyze certain coaching situations to determine if they promote learning;
- create conditions that promote learning and self-esteem through:
- appropriate consideration of the affective, cognitive and motor dimensions of learning;
- the use of words and methods that relate to an athlete’s preferred learning style;
- a sound organization;
- active supervision; and
- the use of well-formulated feedback offered at the right time and with the right frequency.
- use teaching assessment grids to gather objective information on teaching effectiveness, and use this data to develop an action plan to enhance your own effectiveness as a teacher and coach.